Please note our office is temporarily closed on Saturdays until further notice.

Hi I'm new to One Traveller-I have been on a couple of singles holidays before -with other companies- but have spent the last few years retreating to Devon! However, I have decided to be a bit more adventurous and travel further afield next year. I am interested in Sri Lanka and would appreciate any feedback from people who have visited. Many Thanks Jane

Post: #2 07-10-2016, 10:46 AM / RE: Sri Lanka August 2017

(06-10-2016 08:36 PM)Janey13 Wrote:  Hi I'm new to One Traveller-I have been on a couple of singles holidays before -with other companies- but have spent the last few years retreating to Devon! However, I have decided to be a bit more adventurous and travel further afield next year. I am interested in Sri Lanka and would appreciate any feedback from people who have visited. Many Thanks Jane

Hello Jane

Sri Lanka is my favourite (and, to my mind, the best) among all the "eastern" long-haul holidays, as it encompasses such a great variety of things to see and do - quite remarkable for such a small island. It is also good for wild life - especially elephants (go in August if you like these)! There are two major optional excursions: the ascent of Sigiriya Rockl and the trek across Horton Plains (the latter beginning with a spectacular sunrise) which are well worth doing if you are fit. The final few days are spent at a good beach resort with wonderful sunsets, which can be extended if you need a rest after the previous two weeks. Recommended. Devon will never seem the same afterwards!

Jim

PS - A search for Sri Lanka in the Forum should reveal quite a few threads, all with enthusiastic comments.

Post: #3 08-10-2016, 01:27 PM / RE: Sri Lanka August 2017

Thanks Jim- I have just booked for August!

Post: #4 22-06-2017, 06:08 PM / RE: Sri Lanka August 2017

Hi Jane
I am also on the August trip to Sri Lanka. Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks.

Jackie

Post: #5 09-07-2017, 02:49 PM / RE: Sri Lanka August 2017

Hi, I'm also going to Sri Lanka next month and as it's my first time with One Traveller I am looking forward to meeting my fellow travellers.

Cheryl

Post: #6 22-07-2017, 08:58 AM / RE: Sri Lanka August 2017

Only two weeks to go!!!

Tickets and info arrived yesterday so that should be everything apart from the packing now ?

I shall be at the airport quite a bit earlier than check-in time due to the Sunday train timetable so if anybody else is in the same predicament let me know or look out for the One Traveller badge/luggage label and join me for coffee.

Looking forward to meeting you all in a couple of weeks.

Jackie