Please note our office is temporarily closed on Saturdays until further notice.

Thanks, Eric, for post on holidaying as a single person with a new group. I am not too nervous since I have done it before but not with One Traveller. I am starting at an easy level with a short holiday in County Durham next week to see how I like it, and also because I have passed through Durham on the train several times and thought it would be an interesting place to spend some time in.
I am actually more nervous about finding my way round this Forum since I generally avoid social media and communicate online with friends, family and business contacts only.
I have left this to the last minute because it makes me uneasy.

Hello All
anyone live in Bristol, North Somerset area.

Hi Sheehan
Just seen your post. I have just joined the Forum as I am thinking of booking my first One Traveller holiday. I live in Failand.

Thinking of booking a singles holiday for the first time. What is the average age of these travellers?

Age doesn't really matter, but One Traveller aim for 50+ There was a 91 year old on one holiday I was on and a 49 year old on another. Most, I would think are 55-65. No doubt the moderator will correct this if I am wrong. As long as you can meet the mobility requirements - mentioned somewhere in the brochure - don't worry about age too much. I check whether a holiday is right for me by looking at the number of days that have the footsteps symbol shown on the itinerary.

Hello Teelady,

Don't be too bothered about the age of the group. One Traveller usually start at 50+, and I would think that most are between 55 - 65, but no matter what age everyone gets on together, As long as you can meet the mobility requirements, shown somewhere in the brochure, you should be OK. I also check the number of days with the walking symbol in the itinerary before deciding whether a holiday is right for me.

Age is only a number - don't worry about it. The youngest I know of was 49 and the oldest 91. It really did not matter.

Sylvia

hello all

I`m thinking about travelling on my 1st OT holiday and YES very nervous! Havent a clue where to go but the Amalfi coast looks to be favourite at the moment.

Any tips, encouragement appreciated

thankyou x

(24-06-2019 12:29 PM)bev.er.ley Wrote:  hello all

I`m thinking about travelling on my 1st OT holiday and YES very nervous! Havent a clue where to go but the Amalfi coast looks to be favourite at the moment.

Any tips, encouragement appreciated

thankyou x

Hello Beverley

Being nervous is just fear of the unknown, and will vanish once you are underway - just (re)read Eric's initial post, the subsequent replies, the "First Holiday?" and other bits and pieces on the OT website, and the reviews and testimonials in this Forum. I am really not sure what else you would need to reassure you.

For those who are (were!) nervous the hardest thing is (was!) making the initial commitment, usually by making that first phone call to the One Traveller office and paying a deposit: after that, it becomes easy!

FWIW, I have been on almost all of OT's long-haul holidays to Asia, met a large variety of interesting and friendly people, and thoroughly enjoyed every trip.

As for where to go, well only you can decide that: the choice is huge, from somewhere in the UK to North America via Europe, Africa and India to China and SE Asia - and soon South America as well!

Most people have somewhere they have always wanted to visit when the time was right (in my case it was China:-), and presumably you have, too, so just identify the destination, decide when you can go, and pick up that phone!

Good luck!

Jim
[submitted @ 20:45 on 24.07.2019]

Hi fellow travelers,
I have been on six holidays with 'OneTraveller', but I have never registered for adding posts to the forum until today; therefore, this is a test message to see if I have managed to set it up correctly; I often make a mess of registering to websites.
To new travelers, this is the best singles holiday company in the UK, you will be well satisfied. ....VicB.

I’ve been building up the courage to book a holiday on my own and reading your message has certainly reassured me. Thank you. Hopefully, when I finally take the plunge, it’ll be the first of many holidays. Life is too short to waste it worrying.