Please note our office is temporarily closed on Saturdays until further notice.

Hi Eric, thanks for the advice as a first time user, can you point me in the right direction for holidaying alone in the UK or Europe?

Good to read such a positive thread of posts! I have been travelling as a single person for 15 years and have met some lovely people along that life journey and seen some memorable places.
I switched to One Traveller last year and am very impressed with their organisation, the hotels they choose, and the personal touch with their service. Puglia was a real highlight for me last Autumn, truly memorable in every way. This year I have been lucky to secure a place on the Rocky Mountaineer trip in September - very excited about that and I look forward to reading feedback from those who go in May!
For those of you still hesitating about solo travelling can I add to the thread by endorsing what has been said - life is an adventure, take the plunge and book a holiday with One Traveller - I can almost guarantee you will not regret it. Perhaps we will meet up sometime! Bon Voyage!

(25-04-2017 04:13 PM)Anne_Hale Wrote:  Hi Eric, thanks for the advice as a first time user, can you point me in the right direction for holidaying alone in the UK or Europe?

Anne,

Simply pick your destination according to your own preferences and go for it.

I am confident that, whatever tour you book with One Traveller, you will be with a great crowd of people, a very competent tour manager and an exceptionally well organised itinerary.

I haven't done any UK toiurs with OneT but, of the European ones I have experienced, my personal order of preference would be:

1. Puglia
2. Lake Bled
3. Prague

Farther afield, my order of preference is:

1. Sri Lanka
2. India
3. China
4. Thailand

But those are personal preferences and your tastes might well differ from mine, so I can only repeat: pick a destination that appeals to you and go for it. You won't regret it.

Eric

Thanks for that i have just booked 2 holidays and its first time on a singles holiday and am really looking forward to it

(28-04-2017 08:01 PM)Eric Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 04:13 PM)Anne_Hale Wrote:  Hi Eric, thanks for the advice as a first time user, can you point me in the right direction for holidaying alone in the UK or Europe?

Anne,

Simply pick your destination according to your own preferences and go for it.

I am confident that, whatever tour you book with One Traveller, you will be with a great crowd of people, a very competent tour manager and an exceptionally well organised itinerary.

I haven't done any UK toiurs with OneT but, of the European ones I have experienced, my personal order of preference would be:

1. Puglia
2. Lake Bled
3. Prague

Farther afield, my order of preference is:

1. Sri Lanka
2. India
3. China
4. Thailand

But those are personal preferences and your tastes might well differ from mine, so I can only repeat: pick a destination that appeals to you and go for it. You won't regret it.

Eric

Eric

You can add Burma to your long-haul list:

=1 Burma & Sri Lanka
. . . . .

Jim

Well here I am again still looking at the One Traveller holidays and reviews for reassurance. I must pluck up the courage and book! Quite fancy Tuscany so has anyone out there any advice for me. Thanks to all you fellow One Travellersband here's hoping to meet soon. Janice

Hi Jan, just seen your post and needed to let you know I was widowed 5 years ago and my first solo holiday was a four night new year break. I decided on that for two reasons. 1. I didn't enjoy New Year's Eve at home without my husband. 2. I thought if it's the worst thing I've ever done it'll only be for 4 nights! Well it turned out to be the best thing I ever did and I haven't spent one New Year's Eve alone since and have made some amazing friends along the way and they are 'my friends' not 'our friends'.
I've now booked to go to Thailand in November - the longest single holiday I've done and I can't wait.
Take that leap Jan - you won't regret it. Good Luck
Lin x

Hi my name is Kate and I have been so nervous about going on my first single holiday. I have been on different sites but felt more at ease whilst reading your reviews. I have just got the catalogue and have not decided on a destination as yet. But thank you all in the forum. It does help. Thank you

i have been on two hols with the company and they were amazing - china and bardalino - and i am off to puglia on tuesday. i would not hesitate to go on my own because you always meet someone to natter to.

Hello - just spotted your note re New Years Eve break and as I am considering a Xmas Break in Norfolk wondered if you had spent Xmas on a Singles holiday.

Thanks
Janice