Please note our office is temporarily closed on Saturdays until further notice.

Am looking forward to my first holiday with Onetraveller. Are any other first timers going on this holiday? Hopefully the weather in Prague will be better than we've been getting!! Am hoping for some lovely warm sunshine.

Hello, yes I'm a first time One Traveller and really looking forward to this holiday and to meeting all my fellow travellers. I just checked the current weather for Prague and it's a few degrees warmer than in the UK so I hope that continues.

Thanks for the reply Squonk!!!. I'm still in my winter clothes and desperate to get into something lighter. I also checked the Prague weather - lovely and warm at the moment then getting cooler. Hopefully it will warm up again for us. My daughter and son-in-law visited Prague a couple of years ago and loved it. I wonder what Czech food is like.

I received the One Traveller holiday information last last week, I also bought a guide book for Prague, and have a friend who's worked in the Czech republic. They all say similar things: food is heavy on the meat, dumplings and cabbage. Just my luck, the one vegetable I don't like is cabbage... :-)

The food sounds filling if not downright stodgy. I thought maybe I could go vegetarian for those 6 days but, like you, I'm not a fan of cabbage. When was your friend there? Perhaps things have improved in the meantime. Louise, the daughter who visited Prague a few years ago, loved it and she's a great foodie so I'm sure we'll be fine.

My friend only worked in eastern Europe including Prague in the last two or three years, so I am not sure how much it will have changed in that time. My guide books say that Prague is getting a bit more vegetarian friendly, but a few years ago the choice of vegetarian food was quite limited. I'm sure we'll be fine though! :-)